Monday, June 28, 2010

Look of the Day/Envy




Who ever heard anyone get "green with envy"? However, I have seen a couple of heads turn red with envy....

This outfit is exudes confidence and can really be an all day look. I have some black shoes that are very similar to the ones included in this look.  Once you break in a good pair of shoes, you can walk in them virtually all day.

Many do not dare wear RED lipstick. It is a very difficult color to keep up with, but if you're trying to make a statement this is the complete look. You can try a lip gloss with a red tone if lipstick is difficult to keep reapplying. I have both a red lip-gloss (which is what I prefer) but I do own a red lipstick.

If you do red lips I would keep the eyes very natural and use earth tones.

The accessories for this look make the simple white jeans and grey shirt stand out. The red purse is a statement accessory. Mix it in with red splashes in your jewelry and your set.
I wouldn't wear earrings with this look because if you stack bracelets like the one pictured and add a ring you don't want to seem overdone (at least not for a day look).
If you must add earrings do something small, like a pearl earring and do it as the sun goes down for your night look.

I sometimes will do a look I use for both running errands in the day and going out to dinner at night. I take a trip back home to freshen up and add earrings and heels to make my look more of a "date" look. If I cant run back home I place a pair of heels in the trunk and carry my accessories in a ziplock bag in my purse.

I know most of us own pretty much everything in this look. Now go out and make heads turn red with envy!

Always do my makeup before I do my hair and change into outfit. I messed up this day because my shirt was white and I got lipstick on it! Learned my lesson. (didn't wear this red flower, was just for picture)












Kim K. rocking the red lipstick. (picture off her blog http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com)


My pair purchased from ALDO (sale online RIGHT NOW). I love these shoes. It takes a while to break them in but once you do they are super comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment